Zack and I do not feel called at this time to be Foster Parents, but we feel that this is a huge need in our community. These children are taken from bad home situations and deserve to be placed in a home where they can have security, love and a Christ-centered environment for however long they must be away from their families. So, when Skye asked me to help her with the table decorations, I was really excited. I love to do that kind of stuff and with working with Skye on this I would be able to help to raise money for what I think is a really good cause.
I have other obligations on the day of the dinner, but I have been trying to help her out with collecting supplies and Zack and I have been trying to figure out ways to work it out so that I can be there to help set up for the dinner...we will see how that works out.
Anyway, last Sunday, Skye called me up and asked me to come help her collect some supplies. Because it is a Valentine's dinner, she wanted to go with an appropriate theme, but she did not have a big budget. So, we were trying to incorporate mainly elements that we could get from nature. Skye's inspiration was a verse from Song of Songs that says " she is a lily among thorns..."
We met at our assigned location with tools in hand, and went to collect our table decor. We were collecting moss, branches, and briers. Skye has shown me some drawings of her vision, and I think that the table centerpieces will turn pretty cool...hopefully she will get it all done on time.
We had a good time gathering the things we needed. We filled 2 buckets with moss and filled the trunk with a mixture of brambles and branches...I'm not sure if we collected enough or if Skye will have to go out again for more of nature's bounty, but either way, we shouldn't have trouble finding what we need.
There will be bluegrass music so that will fit well with a more earthy feel! Looking forward to seeing it all come together.
No comments:
Post a Comment