Monday, February 28, 2011

Choo Choo Choo, Guess who's 2!!

Our friend's Christy and Hector just hosted a train birthday party for their sweet little boy. I cannot believe that that sweet little boy is already 2 years old! Where does the time go? We got our invitation several weeks before the party and when I saw the invitation, it made me think of the verse in Proverbs 22:6. "Train up your child in the way he should go and when he is old, he will not depart from it" This was probably fresh on my mind because after attending Voddie Baucham's conference and having some of the things that our preacher had talked about fresh on my heart, I had been scouring the internet for resources for parents to teach their kids about who God is. I realize that Zack and I do not currently have kinds and thus that is a mute point, but it never hurts to be prepared right?!

Anyway, in my crazed scouring of the internet, I stumbled across a really neat web resource that a lady had put out there. Her website has a Syllabus complete with books to coincide with the theme, Bible verses, activities, and suggestions for ways to help your children remember their memory verses. She had curriculum for 2-3, 3-4, and 4-5 y.o. So, I printed out all of the syllabus's and memory verses for the 2-3 year old range. I put these in a 3 ringed binder. Then, I went on Paperbackswap.com and ordered as many of the books for the month of March as I could.

I also wanted to get a more tangible gift for sweet little C. So, Zack and I headed to our local Toys R Us and looked around. We were having trouble finding anything that we thought would be appropriate. Zack stumble across a Mr. Potato Head. One of my best friends from high school has a little boy around the same age as C and she had recently posted on her blog how much L loved his new Mr. Potato Head....It was perfect.

Christy and Hector had done such a good job decorating for C's birthday party. They had made a small choo choo to put food in and she used blue, red, and brown as her color scheme! I thought that it all turned out SUPER cute...and the food was really yummy too!






When Zack and I got there, everyone was outside in the back yard. The kids were playing in C's sandbox and the guys were trying to play bocce ball...but the little white ball kept catching the attention of one of the little ones, thus making it difficult.





C's grandparents bought him a radio flyer wagon, which was a HUGE hit. C saw it and was SO excited. It was really cute. He ran up to it and started pulling it around the yard. Then Hector put him and his buddy R in it and Joe pulled C and R around the yard. SO cute!




Once everyone had eaten and the little one's had had some time to play, we headed inside to let little C open his gifts. C got lots of great gifts. It was so cute watching him open all of his gifts. Christy and Hector got him a little motorized 4 wheeler. C LOVED it. He was so funny to watch while he was driving it around the house then the yard. He would push the button and then let off and push, then let off...but he was loving it!


After C had opened his gifts, we had Christy's delicious cupcakes. C got his own little cupcake with 2 candles on it. We sang Happy Birthday, and he did his best to blow out his candles.


It is so hard to believe that this sweet little boy is already 2. We have enjoyed watching him grow and learn over the last 2 years. He is such a sweet little boy and we are so blessed to be a part of his life. Christy, Hector, thanks for letting us share in his special day!!! We love your sweet little boy, and we are looking forward to watching him grow!!

No comments: