Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Zack's Valentine's Breakfast

This year for Valentine's Day, I decided to make Zack a nice breakfast. I knew that there was NO way that I would be able to wake up in time to make him breakfast on Monday morning. So, I told Zack that I was going to make him breakfast for Valentine's Day on Sunday morning. I woke up on Sunday morning. I decided to make myself some coffee since I needed a little something to keep me awake! I don't normally have coffee, but I had learned how to use my coffee maker the night before..and I needed some caffeine!!!!


Then, I got to work on my planned menu for breakfast. I had 3 dishes planned. 1. Bacon Asparagus Quiche, 2. Skillet Hashbrown Bake, and 3. Chocolate raspberry filled pastries.
I started out working on the Quiche because it was going to take the longest to bake. Then, while it was baking, I started the skillet hashbrown bake. And, finally, I made the chocolate raspberry filled pastries. Somehow, everything came together, and it was all done around the same time and amazingly right about the time Zack woke up. I "plated" his breakfast and then went to get the my Valentine!!

Bacon Asparagus Quiche and Skillet Hashbrown Bake

Heart-shaped Chocolate Raspberry Pastries

The perfect start to a day!


Zack looks really excited about his breakfast here, but really he is laughing because I kept taking pictures of him with his breakfast.

Zack really liked his breakfast and hopefully felt really loved!

No comments: