Friday, February 4, 2011

Because every girl deserves to be well dressed

My Dear friend Beth asked me to make a little Minnie mouse shirt for her precious daughter to wear when they go to Disney world later this month. She told me that I could pick the color scheme and have free creative license. Her only requests were a Minnie Mouse and her child's name. So, I headed out to the only fabric store here in town to have a look around. I found some fabric that I LOVED!!


I bought a yard of the fabric and then got to work...I haven't made any clothes recently. So, when Beth asked for the shirt the only logical thing that came to my mind was that Kate had to have some coordinating pants to go along with it


...and then, of course, there was still some fabric left. So, I might as well make a coordinating skirt for those days that our sweet girl feels a little more girly


...and then since there was still some fabric left, it only made sense that she really NEEDED a cute pillowcase dress to go along with it.


The fabric was just so summery and cute I just got overtaken by the need to create! ha!

The collection is called summer love'n...ok, not really cause I don't usually "name" the things that I make. Anyway, all of the pieces coordinate. So, Kate can wear her Disney shirt with jeans or pants or a skirt. The pillowcase dress can be worn alone or with jeans or the pants...it's like 4 or 5 outfits all together! Hopefully Beth will love the fabric as much as I did....cause she is going to be seeing a lot of it!

Now I just have to get it in the mail to Beth so she has it in time for their trip!!

2 comments:

E said...

I am jealous...Emery doesn't have one embroidered thing!

Unknown said...

Paula, you did an awesome job! These are so precious. I particularly love the pillowcase dress and those sweet pants. You are very talented adn I'm proud of you!