On the weekend of February 19th, Zack and I were able to participate in a marriage simulcast that Zack's parents were hosting. Zack's dad is a Christian Counselor and he and Zack's mother have been trying to figure out just what that is supposed to look like in their lives. They have been gearing up toward starting their own ministry for several years now and this was going to be one of their first big events. Zack and I were thrilled to be able to be a part of it...plus, there was the added benefit that we would likely learn something new to help us to strengthen our marriage.
Zack and I headed down to his parents house on Friday night. We ended up getting there pretty late. I had spent the day making some Oreo truffles for Zack's parent's to give as favors for their first event at the Pathway Center. I had just made some Oreo truffles for work and when I was looking at the logo for the marriage simulcast, I realized that they would make cute favors for the event....just in different colors. So, I gathered my supplies and got to work. I think that Zack's parents really liked them and the people that were at the event that had never had oreo truffles seemed to like them.
Saturday was the big event. Zack's parents left early that morning and got everything ready for the arrival of their guests. Zack, Ben, Rach, and I came a little bit later. Mama Sandy had set up tables for everyone to sit at with a candle in the center and a bowl of sweet tarts in the center. (guess who ate a a handful or two of those!).
Mama Sandy and Rach had put together some snacks Friday and those were set out for everyone to enjoy.
I thought that the simulcast went well and that the speakers had a lot of good things to say. As in any conference, some speakers seemed to be more impactful to were you were in life than others, but over all, it was a really good conference.
We had a break for lunch. Mama Sandy and Daddy GL had gotten Chickfila sandwiches (yum) and then there was a bunch of chips and sides to go along with them. The weather was so nice that almost everyone decided to go outside and find places to eat.
He is such a sweet little boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment