Wednesday, September 9, 2009

My first sewing project in a LONG time...

I haven't really been doing any sewing lately...I've just had a lot going on recently both within myself and in life in general.

I have had a few things on my list that needed to get done, and I forced myself to tackled a couple of them this week. I had an order for a couple of gifts (can't post pictures of them yet. Want to make sure that they stay a surprise!)

I also had a family member of a good friend ask me if I could make a baby gift for her to give to a woman who just had twins!! She wanted a nursing cover to match the person's baby bedding color scheme.

here is the bedding

I did the best I could to mimic the bedding's simplicity and colors. This was the closest I could get...I just had a picture of it to go on, so I am not sure how close it will match in reality (the green looks like a kind of moss green, but I couldn't find cute fabrics with a more moss color to them. I used a little brighter green.). I thought that it turned out pretty cute! Hopefully the lady that ordered it and the woman receiving it will love it! She wanted their last name on it so that she could reuse it with other children. I also put a pocket on the back that can be used for holding a diaper or wipes..etc.

The Front.
The fabric is patterned...it is hard to see that in the picture.



The Back.
with the pocket.

It was really nice to get a few things done. I really enjoy sewing, but sometimes I forget just how much...or how amazing it is to watch pieces of fabric take on a life of their own and become something else...I am always humbled when the things that I make turn out to be cute...most of the time I am still holding my breath until the last stitch is in place. Sewing is a rewarding/ humbling thing.

No comments: