Friday, September 18, 2009

a little bit disappointed...



tonight, Zack and I went to our first Atlanta Braves game of the year...I know, can you believe that we waited this long into the season to go?! Zack has been DYING to go all season and it finally worked out that we could go. He was like a little kid on Christmas...he just could not wait to get there.

But, the night was a little disappointing all around.

1.We ended up getting stuck in traffic and not getting to the game until after the first pitch had been thrown...Zack was devastated. He had wanted to get there before the game started.


2. Then, shortly after we got to our seats, one of the guys sitting behind us spilled beer all over himself and thus smelled like a distillery. He was loudly and drunkenly talking about it when one of the teenage girls with them spilled half of her coke on the ground and down under our seats...where our rain jackets had been stowed just in case we needed them...thankfully only one of them got a little wet...and thankfully we didn't really need them.


3. I was very thankful that Zack and I didn't have any kids with us, because the family sitting behind us was swearing loudly throughout the game...so much for this being a family friendly place. And, at one point I over heard (hard not to when they are practically shouting) one of the adults offering a young boy (about 8) a beer. What in the world! At that point, I felt like turning around and giving that man a piece of my mind...however, I managed to refrain...deep breath! I think that it would have been a little harder for me to refrain had the boy not refused...the child was sitting away from his parents with this group of family friends...but I cannot imagine how I would feel if one of our friends were to offer our 8 year old kid a beer(not that we have kids yet, but still!!)!! ugh!!!

4. To top it all off, the Braves ended up loosing...It is kinda disappointing to have your team loose when you are there to cheer them on! They did do there best though, so I guess that I cannot really fault them...(although, the pitching was a little weak! :) Come on guys! lol!)


So, needless to say, I'm not sure when Zack and I will head back to the Brave's stadium...maybe we'll settle for going to minor league games or watching the games on TV for a while.

No comments: