That's right, tomorrow will mark my first day of work and I am absolutely scared out of my mind. I have NO idea what to expect, and I am feeling completely lacking.
I have been trying to do some review/relearning of things relevant to pediatrics...but sometimes I feel like I need a pediatrics for dummies book...you know, the one that starts out with pictures that say things like. This is a baby...sometimes they cry...
I went to B and N today to do some studying. Before I started my cram session, I did my homework for the Beth Moore Bible Study that I have been going to for the last couple of weeks. The homework was all about the disciples receiving the power of the Holy Spirit.... One of the fill in the blanks on the first page was Acts 1:8 and it said "you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you". Then, we had to read 2 Corinthians 4:7 where Paul talks about the Holy Spirit being housed in earthen vessels, so that God's power would be obvious in us...and Beth made this statement, "When we receive what the Holy Spirit is fully equipped to apply to us, the effects will show. ...That's why circumstances and challenges are often beyond us! If life were completely manageable, we'd manage it in our own strength, and no one would see the living proof of God's existence in us." Ummm...sure hope that His power is evident in my life tomorrow! Cause I feel like I am in WAY over my head! I am going to cling to this as a promise!
I also felt convicted by a statement later in the lesson when Beth said, "Those of us in Christ may keep wondering if we have the power to be victorious in the challenge before us, but God's wondering when we're going to believe Him!" God has proven Himself faithful time and again...why do I still tend to doubt! I need to remind myself of this all day tomorrow...and in the weeks to come!!
I am still scared out of my mind, not knowing what to expect, but I am going to cling to the promise that no matter what, God will go through it all with me. He will never leave me nor forsake me...and hopefully He will not let me fall flat on my face tomorrow! I am feeling humble enough, I'm hoping that He does not see this as a time for a lesson in humility...I'm not sure how much my fragile ego can take right now!
Please be praying for me as I start this new chapter in my life. Pray that I will quickly learn what I need to know, that I will have wisdom, that they won't be disappointed that they hired me, and that I will fully rely on God in all circumstances along the way.
2 comments:
Good luck tomorrow, Paula! You're going to do great! I'll say a special prayer for you! Love you!
Amen!...to all your positive self talk (or is that the Holy Spirit talking?) from your Bible Study. Remember "...We are more than conquerors through Him who loved us..." He has called you to this work for this time. Don't sell Him short. I have already been praying for you to be blessed and for you to bless.
Love you bunches!
Mama Sandy
Post a Comment