Saturday, September 26, 2009

Doran Baby shower

We had a baby shower for our friend Doran tonight. We know Doran from our days at Berry and we love her! Skye and I have been talking about her shower since the end of last school year...and we just had not gotten anything planned. Skye finally took control and got things planned. I felt bad because all of this took place during my freaking out about work period, and so, I was not really able to help out too much.

Skye hosted the shower in her Art Classroom...since she currently is living in someones weight room (that's a whole other story!). We listened to christian rap...it was the perfect Rage shower! ha!! It was SO great to see those girls! We just don't get to get together that often, so it was really fun!


Skye was in charge of decorations
Laurie sent out invitations
Jody took care of the food
Karmen and I were in charge of drinks and paper products.
Embo made the cake (she's really talented!)

isn't her cake cute!?

Jody, sadly didn't get to come...little JP was running a fever and so she had to stay home and take care of him, but she sent the food (Papa John's Pizza..mommy-to-be's request. YUM!!). Thank you SOOO much Jody! It was DELICIOUS!


Skye, is doing a Daniel's fast and she ate beans and Matzo bread.


The shower was a success! Doran got a lot of really cute gifts! I was sad that I didn't have time to make her anything, but I got her a gift card so that she could get the last minute things that she needed for the little one. They do not know what they are having...they had an ultrasound to try to determine what they were having, but the little one was not willing to comply...so, it is going to be a surprise! We cannot wait to meet him of her!



We all posed with "pregnant" bellies! Ha! Love these silly girls!
We just grabbed whatever we could find and stuffed it under our shirts...
I found a cup full of pencils! Sure hope that I would not look like that pregnant! ha!

1 comment:

Grandpa's Remains said...

I can't stop laughing about the group pregnancy photo.... even now.