Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

We had a pretty lazy weekend. Zack and I both welcomed the rest after a couple weeks of travel...a weekend to just be at home. We watched an old Western on Friday night. Then Saturday Zack spent with a guy that PBS is looking into hiring. The whole office plus me went to lunch with him, and then Zack and I had a chance to talk to him more over dinner. He seemed like a pretty nice guy, and I think that he would probably be a pretty decent fit with the other employees...I'm not sure if they will hire him or not. We'll see.

Sunday, Zack and I went to church and then he went and spent a little more time with the applicant, while I ran to the grocery store and tried to get a few things done around here. We went to dinner at Caren and Forrest's house...(felt like we hadn't seen then in forever!!) It was a little more crazy than usual, because they had 2 extra kids, but we had a lot of fun interacting with them and then playing games with Forrest and Caren once the kids were all in bed.

I woke up early on Monday morning, because I needed to get some food ready to take to a small group picnic that night. Once Zack got up, we hung out at the house for a while and then decided to go mountain biking. Zack road a couple miles further than me...I was feeling pretty exhausted...just not getting enough sleep.

We rushed home from biking to get ready for small group. We were meeting at Cliff and Pam's new house. It is REALLY nice, and has a great layout for entertaining. I am so excited for them.

We had lots of good food. (have I mentioned before that our small group is full of really good cooks!?) I made a pasta salad from a new recipe and then a broccoli salad that I've had the recipe for for a while. The food was delicious, and the company was so enjoyable. We always enjoy getting to spend time with our friends. Whether in Bible study or Fellowship, that time together is precious to Zack and I. Thank you for letting us be a part of your lives! We love ya'll!!

Group photo

the spread

The salads I made.

No comments: