Saturday, December 18, 2010

Christmas Blessings

I am sitting here reflecting on Zack and I's night and what an amazing blessing our friends are. Zack and I have been blessed with amazing friends that are extremely talented in there own unique and various ways. Tonight Zack and I got to watch as our friends used their talents to glorify God....isn't that the most amazing thing?! I just LOVE watching my friends use the talents that God has given them to bring Him glory...there is something so touching and beautiful about that.

Tonight our church put on a Christmas Concert. We have an outreach program at our church that is designed to appeal to young men and women (20-30) that would not feel comfortable/accepted in a traditional church setting. Our church did this for a while and then took a short break to build a building on our actual church "campus" for the ministry to take place in. We had started out in a building across town, but as we continued the program, it became apparent that the people that started regularly attending this ministry tended to transition to attending the church itself. So, that, among other things, prompted the church to build a home for the ministry closer to the actual church.

Anyway, our friend Hector is the music leader for the ministry. He just took on this huge task a few months ago, and unsurprisingly, he has been doing a great job. Hector is an amazing musician and has a lot on his plate, but somehow he found time to put together, working with a team of people, an amazing Christmas Concert.

Zack and I were blessed to be able to be there to experience this time of worship...because although the songs were all Christmas songs, that is what the experience was. Yes, most of the songs were the old tried and true Christmas carol's "jazzed" up a bit, but the attitude/ environment achieved was one of reverence and worship. Celebrating not only the obvious, the birth of our savior, but also reflecting on what the significance of that event is and His amazing and sacrificial love for us. There were several songs, some that I had heard before and others that I hadn't, that were especially meaningful to me tonight.

Hector, thank you so much for being a willing and humble servant. Your hard work payed off, the concert was amazing and I know that Zack and I were both blessed by it. We are so thankful that you are, well ... you! Thank you for your willingness to use the amazing gifts and talents that God has given you to point others to Him.

1 comment:

The Cervantes said...

I can't begin to tell you how much that means to me and even more to Hector. We love you Paula and praise God for your friendship! So glad you guys came to the concert and even more glad that you were blessed! He worked hard and prayed even harder for God to show up...and I think he did. Love you!