Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Fogg and Karen come to visit.

Zack and I were thrilled when we found out that our dear friends Karen and Fogg were going to be in town for a visit. Karen and Fogg live in Las Vagas and so we, unfortunately, rarely get to see them. They are both in the military and Fogg has been in and out of the country this past year.

Fogg only got back stateside a few short weeks ago, and thankfully was able to take some leave for the holidays.

I tried to stay ontop of my notes at work so that I could get home as soon as I could to try to take full advantage of the little time that we had to spend with Karen and Fogg.

By the time that I got home, Fogg, Karen, and Skye had already made it to our house.

I cannot tell you just how good it was to see them.

Skye of course, as always, was there to bring laughter to the evening. She had brought along with her the gift that she had won playing dirty turkey at her annual Thankmas Party. (We have yet to make it to one of these infamous events). Her gift was a personal gym. Not like a bow flex or workout machine, oh no....this was a belt that you strapped onto yourself that you could use to work out. Skye was joking about how she wanted to try to wear it while running, and so Zack of course had to try it out to see if it would be possible to pump up his arms while running. We all had a good laugh as he would come running past.



We decided to go to Chili's to grab some dinner and sit and talk. Zack and I rarely go there to eat, but when we do, we always enjoy the food. And it was so nice to have a chance to sit and catch up with what has been going on in Fogg and Karen's lives over the last year. While we were at the restaurant, it was decided, by Skye and Karen that we should play Quelf when we got home. The guys were much more interested in watching the Falcon's game, but they were persuaded to play.




Fogg is a very quiet and a somewhat reserved guy and so I knew that Quelf was not going to be his game, but he was a good sport and he would take his eyes from the Falcon's game when it was his turn. The game was fun, but the best part of the evening was just getting to spend time with old friends.

No comments: