Monday, December 20, 2010

...and visions of sugar danced in her head...

A few weeks ago, I stumbled across a Christmas inspired snack mix that was just TOO cute to not to reproduce. I wanted to get something for the other providers at work, but couldn't afford to spend too much on each individual gift. So, I decided to get each of them a Cute Christmas Ornament and make a little something sweet for the holidays. I made Santa Snack Mix. I didn't get any really good pictures of it before I bagged it up, but it is a snack mix with edible Santa hats.


I got the ornaments at Cracker Barrel and I found the snack mix recipe here. It was a little more time intensive than initially anticipated, but the end result was worth it. I put the snack mix in little cellophane bags and then put it in Christmas colored Chinese take out boxes and tied the ornament to each of them.

I made a double batch and gave a bag of this party mix to each couple in our small group as well. If I had thought of it sooner, I would have gotten everyone there an ornament to tie on as well...but I didn't. I think that they still looked pretty cute and hopefully they will still be enjoyed by everyone.


It received good reviews at work today from my coworkers. One of the Dr's I work with said that the Santa hats were her favorite part and that she could have eaten a bag of just them. They are pretty tasty, but they are definitely a labor of love! It would take you a while to make enough of them to give bags of just them, but it is a good thought.

No comments: