Monday, October 4, 2010

Paula vs Yeast: Battle Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Icing


Last night I made the dough for some pumpkin cinnamon rolls, I got them prepared to make for breakfast this morning since Peter was in town. Unfortunately, I didn't hear my alarm this am and so I didn't get up in time to make them before church this morning. So, when we got home from church this afternoon, I set them out to rise and then baked them. Zack was busy watching the Brave's game and so I brought a finished cinnamon roll to him. He really really liked them. I thought that they turned out pretty good, but I think that next time I will not use the whole grain flour and I will probably add some chopped pecans. Oh, well, live and learn. They were at least something a little different than what we typically eat.

1 comment:

The Stock Household said...

i hear ya with the whole grain flour. i once made a perfectly good cake into a door stop with it. anyways, i use 1/4 of the recommended flour as whole wheat and 3/4 all purpose. it adds a little grainy substantial taste (and health i suppose) without drying it out.
brian is anti-wheat flour, so i have to add it when he's not looking!
-mandy

I am anti-whole wheat flour
-brian