Zack and I went to a 1 day marriage conference today. We like to try to find one or two marriage enrichment/conferences to attend each year. So that we can find ways to enhance/strengthen our marriage. Because like they said today, "All you have to do is nothing" and your relationships can fall apart.
So, we signed up for the conference. We signed up last minute because until Friday it didn't look like we would be able to make it due to Zack's job. Thankfully, we were able to go and I think that we were both really blessed by it.
The couple that spoke at the conference is a couple that goes to our church and who are very involved with and passionate about growing and restoring marriages through Christian Counseling. It was really great to listen to them share from their experiences in marriage and to glean wisdom and some tools for dealing with some of the difficulties that come along with marriage. They had a fun way of sharing the principles that they were teaching. So it didn't seem like a boring lecture of highlighted bullet points to improve your marriage, but a fun interactive way to learn to apply different principles to your marriage.
The conference was divided into 3 sessions each with a slightly different point/tool to growing your marriage. Hopefully, Zack and I will be able to take some of these words of wisdom and apply them to our marriage to take it from a good marriage to a great marriage.
We also met a really nice young couple while we were at the conference that we would never have met otherwise. We enjoyed getting to know them over lunch.
Before the last session, they played this video that was made by a Central Christian Church, that I am sure that you will all appreciate! :) I hope that you all are finding ways to grow your marriages into the type of relationship that God desires! Hope you get as many laughs from this video as Zack and I did!!
1 comment:
That is too funny. So glad you were able to go with your man!
Post a Comment