Tuesday, October 19, 2010

It's an epidemic....

It seems like everyone that I know is getting called up for Jury duty...seriously everyone....if you know me and you haven't yet gotten that fateful little slip of paper in the mail, look out cause more than likely it's coming.

I realize that jury duty is part of my civic duty and it's an honor to serve, but really it is VERY inconvenient and at times of real frustration, I like to say that Jury duty is ruining my life. I started my stint with the legal system about a month or so ago and I have the joy of continued servitude until January...yep, that's right, I said January....you should have heard the collective gasp in the courtroom when they were swearing us all in and the Judge dropped that bomb on us. Great, nothing says celebrate the holidays more than a day in the ol' jury room. Cause those are exactly the types of things that I like to think about around Thanksgiving and Christmas (I hope that you are able to sense the sarcasm here!).

Zack started his indentured service more recently...and his sentence is linked closely with whatever case he is a part of...so who knows when that will be over....and side note...doesn't it seem a LITTLE ridiculous that 2 individuals in a household are called to jury duty at the same time?

We also have at least one friend in small group that is supposed to be serving time as a juror here in the next couple months.

On top of that, my coworker at work has been called to Jury duty...making things a little more interesting (also known as CRAZY BUSINESS) at work for me. I was absolutely SLAMMED today at work and had a very full morning followed closely by having to run grab some lunch to run to a lunch meeting only to run out of that literally half way through to start seeing patient's again. Then, after a full day of seeing patient's with ZERO notes finished, I got to try to finish as many notes as I could before heading to small group only to have to deal with the stress of being on call...so, I guess that I am telling you that today was not my idea of the ideal day....and thus, Jury Duty is Ruining my life! :)

No comments: