Most of the kids that live in the areas surrounding the little town where we live started back to school within the last 2 weeks. So, I thought that it would be fun to put up some kind of decoration to coincide with going back to school.
I bought some number 2 pencils, pencil holders, ribbon, apples, wooden dowels, eucalyptus, and some floral stems.


I wrapped a couple of plastic bags around the bottom of the pencil holders (thanks Mom for the idea) so that the bottom of the container would be the same diameter as the top. They, I placed two rubber bands around the pencil holder and slid number 2 pencils behind them all the way around the pencil holder eraser side down.
once all of the pencils were in place, I took hot glue and glued the inside of the pencils together so that they would hold their shape. I did manage to give myself a pretty nasty burn on the tip of one of my fingers.
Once the glue cooled, I took the floral stems and eucalyptus and started arranging them in my pencil vases. I took some fake apples and placed them on wooded dowels of hot glued them to the floral stems and placed them into the floral arrangement. Then, I took the red ribbon and tied it around the pencil vases.
I am pretty happy with the end results. I made a total of 2 of these. one for each end of the counter at work.

If I had more time, I would love to make a back to school banner to go along with these.
1 comment:
THAT is super cute!
Post a Comment