...you know, the kind of days that you come home and just want to fall into bed and sleep for a day straight.
I should have known that it was going to be a tough day...the fact that it was Monday should have clued me into that. The day itself really wasn't that bad other then being pretty busy and having a meeting thrown in at lunch causing me to get behind on my notes....oh and the bad news I received about a patient this am that kinda put a damper on the day. On the flip side, the girls at work were all in pretty good moods which always makes for a better day...really, it was the work "after party" that was the problem...and by after party I mean the awesome greatness of being on call!!! Lucky me.
Normally I go to work, see my patients and then come home again...usually pretty tired after a day of emotional, spiritual and mental exercise....but today I am EXHAUSTED.
why so much worse today you might ask?!...well...
Chalk it up to technology. I love technology, normally...it allows us to have advances in medicine and other areas that are life and time saving, but sometimes I HATE technology....today would be one of those days. I hate the fact that the computer at work was not talking to the fax machine at work....that is a bad bad thing people! that means LOTS of calls for yours truly to answer concerning LOTS of medications that unfortunately did not make it to the pharmacy...and lots of frustrated disgruntled parents...and guess who gets to pacify parents and call pharmacies...yep, you guessed it me!
I started getting pages around 6:00 because I...ooops..., had forgotten to turn my pager on. However, once that blessed piece of technology was on the pages kept rolling in. I have to tell you that it is INCREDIBLY frustrating to have your pages increase exponentially as you struggle to answer them and take the best possible care of the patient on the other end of the line without feeling like you were drowning. It is like watching an automated machine cutting down trees that you have to manually turn into fire wood...while your wood pile grows, it grows at a much slower rate than the huge pile of trees stacking up for you to chop... sigh....so, needless to say I did not leave work until 8:30 and needless to say, I missed small group, one of my all time FAVORITE places to be and one of the things that I look most forward to during my week...
I know that nothing happens without God having ordained it and I know that there is some purpose for my day...maybe even some amazing lesson that I'm supposed to take away from it...but right now I am just to tired to think about it!!
Hope that ya'll had much better days than me...pray that I actually get some sleep since I'm on call until 7:00 tomorrow morning. Good thing I was reminded today of the verse in Joshua1:9 that says "Have I not commanded you be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go"...I might need that promise tonight! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment