So, When they got here they had A and J with them and they were all dressed up. We asked Caren what they had been up to and she smiled and said "hold on a minute" as she went to help A go potty. While she was doing her motherly duty, we all speculated on what the news could be. Two theories quickly formed in our minds. 1. the judge had awarded them custody of A and J, the two darling foster children that they are wanting to adopt and have had for close to 2 years now or 2. they are pregnant. Caren came out of the bathroom shortly later and she and Forrest looked at each other and smiled. We all looked at them expectantly and then they said proudly, "The judge terminated rights and we are going to get custody of A and J. The mother has 30 days to contest, but that is unlikely....Oh, and we're pregnant!" We all screamed and congratulated them and hugged on A and J. I decided that it was a moment to be captured on film. So, I took their picture in front of our Christmas tree....yep that's right, the ol' Christmas Tree is still proudly standing in our living room. I had the best intentions of taking it down by Easter, but that...well, that didn't happen, but I plan to tackle that today!
Caren and Forrest, we are SO excited for you and know that A and J are exactly where they are meant to be! I cannot wait to see how the Lord continues to use you in the lives of those sweet children and I cannot wait to see this new little one that God is purposefully knitting together to become your child! We are so happy for you and love you and your precious family! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment