Needless to say, I was a little tired at work on Friday, and we were SLAMMED! It was a busy day...which most Fridays are. I had to leave work by 6 in order to make it down to the MARTA station in time to pick up my man...who I had not seem all week since he was at a conference in California. I was trying to get as many notes finished as I could before I had to hit the road. (thankfully I had packed the car before I left that morning so I could leave straight from work). Dr. D and Lisa (our new NP who is job sharing with me) we supposed to be on call Friday night...so, I was a little distressed when I started getting pages from the paging service. I called them back to let them know that I was not on call and that Lisa was...there was a lot of calling back and form...you gave us the wrong number,... oh, no wait you didn't...she is not responding...Lisa eventually called me back and it turned out that she had switched call with another girl in the office because she and her family were going to the beach....so it was a disaster. By this time it was 6 and I needed to hit the road so I let Dr. D know what was happening as I walked out the door and she told me not to worry about it. I was heading down the interstate when I got a text stating that no one was responding and would I please call...I called Dr. D to find out what was going on. There was no way that I could answer calls as I sped down the interstate to get Zack. Dr. D said not to worry that she had gotten the text too and had taken care of it....ugh! I hate that! I felt so bad, but I was relieved that I didn't have to worry about answering mommy calls while I was driving or while we were spending time with family and friends.
I sucessfully found the MARTA station that I was suppsed to meet Zack at...the only problem is that he wasn't there yet. So, I thought that I would go spend some time at the little library that I had passed on my way and wait until he got there. No such luck however, the library closed at 5 on Fridays...so, I sat in the library parking lot until Zack got closer. I then ended up going into every parking lot except the one where Zack actually was. I even accidentally went down a busses only enterance. Ugh! I was getting so frustrated. Finally Zack found me and I made him drive the rest of the way to the Sock Hop.
Zack and I got to the sock hop a couple hours after it started so all of our friends and family were already there. I carried in the poodle skirts and Mama Sandy, Rach and I changed in the Bathroom. Thankfully, the skirts fit and I thought that we all looked pretty cute in our skirts.
Matt, Me, Nate, Ross, Leslie, Audrey, and Lindsey
Rach and Ben
Zack and I were grateful that we made it to the Sock Hop in time to see the special entertainment. Zack's dad and some of his buddies all got together and provided a few minutes of laughs and entertainment. They were the retirement village people. They all came into the room in hospital gowns with walkers or canes and then as they got on stage pulled off the gowns to reveal their costumes. It was really funny to watch them up there dancing around to village people songs.
There was a silent auction to raise money for the charity and Zack bid on a couple of items. We won a night at Midevil Times (dinner and a show) and a gift card for O charly's (we do not have one in our little town.) Zack was so proud of his wins and I am sure that we will have a good time using them.
No comments:
Post a Comment