Wednesday, April 7, 2010

a little under the weather.


I have been sick since last Wednesday. I woke last Wednesday with what I thought was a scratchy throat from drainage due to all of the pollen...but I felt worse...and worse...and worse...as the day went on. Zack and I were supposed to go meet our friends Forrest and Caren for dinner to meet the newest member of their family, a 6 day old preemie baby boy....so when I started having chills and feeling achy I called Zack to bring home a thermometer. The last thing that I wanted to do was get that little one sick! Zack got home and I took my temperature...100.3, not quite a fever, but close enough to make Zack and I cancel our dinner date with Forrest and Caren. I was really disappointed! I haven't really been feeling too much better since then and yesterday I woke up o discover that my voice decided to take a vacation....great....I squeaked my way through work yesterday and I am hoping that my voice will get a little better before tonight when I am on call! BOOO!

Despite the sickness, I have gotten a few things accomplished. Last Wednesday before I started feeling too bad, I made myself something that I have been wanting for a while, but just haven;t had time to make one for me....an apron. This little apron has been cut out for a while just waiting to be brought to life. So, Wednesday, I decided, was that day! I think that it turned out pretty cute. The only thing that I would change is that I wish I had used a darker color for my name on one of the sides.



Zack and I went to my parent's house for Easter this year. We left after I got home from work Friday. Zack had gotten Good Friday off so he was already home. We got to my parents house at about 9 o'clock their time and discovered a dark house. Thankfully I had a key or we might have been sitting in our car for a while. :) My parents had gone to church and then out to dinner with my brother. They got home probably 20-30 minutes later. We talked and caught up for a while and then went to bed.

Saturday, mom and I were going to go shopping and we took my brother with us because he wanted to go see How to Train Your Dragon at the IMAX theater that was at the mall we were going to. He really wanted mom and I to share the experience with him...so, he ended up talking us into watching it with him. It was a pretty cute movie and the computer animation is getting better and better.

Sunday we went to my parents church for Eater service. The message was good and the choir was large and good, but I couldn't help missing the energy of our smaller choir back home. We took some family pictures when we got home from church. I think that these might be the first family pictures that we have taken since Zack and I's wedding about 5 years ago.


Mom had made a big Easter dinner of Pork Tenderloin, mashed potatoes, mashed sweet potatoes, Asparagus, green beans, and apple sauce. It was really good...and nice to not have to cook for a change...plus poor Zack had been starving all last week because I felt too tired and weak to do much other than sleep when I got home from work all last week.


The Easter Bunny brought my parents a little something as a thank you for all of the meals and fun for the weekend.


We got home from my Parents around 11:30 Sunday night. So, we didn't really have time to do anything more than unpack the car and get in bed.

Monday night we started a new format for our small group.We have been trying to figure out how to change things up to be the most beneficial and helpful to those involved in it. So, the new schedule for each month is:

Week 1 Guy/Girl Bible study
Week 2 Couple Bible Study
Week 3 Couple Bible Study
Week 4 Fellowship time.

This past week was our first Guy/Girl week. The guys, well, I'm not really sure what they are planning to do, but the girls are starting a Beth Moore Study that my Mama Sandy let me borrow a while back that I have been wanting to do for a while but hadn't found the right time. We are looking forward to it and the girls were excited that they would have a whole month to finish the homework.

Last night, I made some dinner when I got home. Zack was a little shocked since it had been a while since he had seen me in the kitchen, but he soon recovered enough to sit at the table and eat dinner with me! I made Apricot - glazed pork tenderloin (which we had had for Easter, but I had gotten all of the ingredients to make it last week and then didn't because I was sick) smashed red potatoes, corn, and salad.

No comments: