My family members up north would laugh at the amount of panic that an inch of snow causes down here in the South, but really the south is not well equip to handle snow. I had gone to the grocery store on Wednesday and you would think that it was Y2K all over again. People were mobbing the place and there was hardly any milk or bread to be found. If it had not been 3 weeks since my last visit to the grocery store, I probably wouldn't have gone.
When Zack got home, we got in our car and crept over the snow coated roads to our friend Anna Lauren and Eric's house to watch part of the Alabama Texas game with friends. We left shortly after half time so that we wouldn't get stuck there...and so that we could get to bed and be ready to go to work the next morning.
Friday morning, I was supposed to go into work a little later than normal and so, around 8 I called Dr. D to see how the roads were. She was on her way into the office and thought that the roads were likely to be ok. She told me to come in at nine. So, I hung up with her only to get a call about 5 minutes later from Dr. D telling me that she had slid through a stop sign and she was heading home. We also found out that the office was going to open at 10 due to the weather conditions.
I went in about 10 o'clock...it took me much longer to get there than normal due to road conditions. None of the other mid levels were able to make it to work and a couple of the Dr.s were snowed in. One of our Dr.s biked to work because the roads by his house were so icy. We had a LOT of no shows and rescheduled appointments yesterday...and so the day ended up being a little slower than normal. We left the office a little early because the roads were thought to be at risk of refreezing last night, but as I headed home, I noted that most of the main roads had already dried.
Zack wanted desperately to make a snowman. I don't think that we have had a snow where there was any kind of accumulation in several years, so this was a big deal. Zack tried so hard to make a snowman...and I have to give him some credit. Here is Zack's Snowman:

I came home from work yesterday to find a proud pile of snow sitting in our driveway. It took me a minute to figure out why it was sitting there...and then it hit me. Zack made a snow man! :) The snow was just so powdery that it wouldn't stick to itself. I told him last night that he should have put a scarf, nose and eyes on him to give him a little more life! :) haha!
No comments:
Post a Comment