Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Catching up...


This afternoon, I got to hang out with Skye....this was some much needed hang time since we haven't really gotten to spend much time together since I went back to work. That is probably one of the hardest things for me about going back to work...life gets so hectic and crazy that things, or people that are very important tend to get pushed to the back burner. I hate feeling like I don't have time/energy to maintain relationships that are very important to me. I get home and really all that I want to do is sit down in front of the TV or in a hot bath and not think for a couple of hours. I feel mentally and often emotionally spent by the end of the day. And yet, I get frustrated by my feelings of disconnect from family and friends....where do you find the time/energy for it all...I really should do a better job about maintaining those relationships. I have many starved friendships out there that need a little time and attention in order to come back to life. Friendships that I really value and people that I love dearly, but who probably don't realize their importance in my life because I simply haven't told/shown them that they are important. I want these relationships to be healthy and to thrive, but sometimes it is hard to know where to begin tending the friendship.

Perhaps it boils down to misplaced priorities....or poor time management...or laziness...or maybe it is a mix of all of them.

I had a great time with Skye this afternoon. We went downtown and walked around. Skye wanted to do something that required no money, which was fine with me because I really just wanted the opportunity to spend some time with her. It was fun catching up and hearing some of her dreams for the year to come...and doing a little "dreaming" together of crazy/ fun things that we could do with some of our friends in the months to come. I love just brainstorming with Skye for new ideas of fun things to do...most of the time, we don't act on our ideas, but sometime....well, sometimes we do and things like LO09 are born!



1 comment:

Grandpa's Remains said...

i love you! and can hardly wait for our next adventure... possibly LO10.