Saturday, January 9, 2010

1st homecooked meal of 2010!

Poor Zack, the home cooked meals have been few and far between since I started back to work and if it hadn't been for the holidays, I think that he might have wasted away completely.


I made the first home cooked meal of the year Wednesday of this week. I made Portabella Roast Beef Sandwiches. Zack LOVED these!! He said to me today, "Can we please have those sandwiches again sometime?!" That's a lot coming from Zack. He usually lets me go along and make a new recipe every time that I cook without suggestion or complaint. So, the fact that he made a point to ask for the meal again could mean one of two things. 1 the fact that it was home cooked was SO exciting to him that he was grabbing onto the hope of having it again because it was home cooked or 2 he really did like it. I have to admit that the sandwiches really were pretty tasty. So, I guess that that recipe is a keeper.

I also tried 2 other new recipes to bring to our friend's house Thursday when we watched the Alabama Texas game. They were Pretzel Candies and Pretzel Cereal Crunch. Zack LOVED the Pretzel Cereal Crunch. He was having a little trouble watching other people eating it...Zack and his food envy! :) ha! He eventually got the best of his food envy and he was telling everyone that the gorp was actually very healthy for you because it has cereal and nuts and pretzels in it ....hmmm...maybe, except for all of the chocolate and sugar that is in there with it! :)


Pretzel Candies


Pretzel Cereal Crunch

No comments: