So far I am still keeping my new goal of trying more new recipes! I already showed you two of the recipes that I tried last week, smoky roasted chicken and corn chowder and raspberry brownie dessert. I thought that I would show you what else I made last week and post a recipe.
week 3 update:
- Pork Tenderloin with Cherry Relish - Great flavor
- Brown Rice Pilaf - bland, not at all what I was expecting. Probably wont make this again.

- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies (recipe below) - YUM

- Slow Cooker Southwestern Chicken - this is probably the recipe that I most enjoyed last week. I love mexican/southwestern food!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies| 1 |
|
| box Betty Crocker® Original Supreme brownie mix (with chocolate syrup pouch) |
| 1/3 |
|
| cup vegetable oil |
| 1/4 |
|
| cup water |
| 2 |
|
| eggs |
| 1 |
|
| pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® chocolate chip cookie mix |
1/2
|
|
| cup butter or margarine, softened |
| 1 |
|
| egg
|
|
|
| Chocolate Ganache
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
| - Heat oven to 350ºF. Grease bottom only of 13x9-inch pan. Make brownie mix as directed on box, using oil, water and 2 eggs. Spread in pan.
|
| - Make cookie mix as directed on pouch, using butter and 1 egg. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls evenly onto brownie batter; press down lightly.
|
| - Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side of pan comes out almost clean. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Cover with Chocolate Ganache (recipe below). For brownies, cut into 8 rows by 6 rows.
|
|
|
| Chocolate Ganache
12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate morsels 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream 6 Tbsp butter
- In a small saucepan, heat cream and butter until just before the boiling stage.
- Pour over the chocolate morsels.
- Let stand about 20 seconds and stir until smooth.
- Pour over brownies and let set before cutting.
|
|
|
|
|
3 comments:
Paula,I love that your posting recipes! I love trying new things when I have time!
Yummy! What's the recipe for the Southwestern Chicken thing? We need some new recipes!!
We made the Southwestern Chicken dish and it was SUPER good! Thanks for the recipe!!
Post a Comment