I am sitting here today in my freezing cold house enjoying looking at my Christmas Tree. Yes, it is still up...Does that really surprise you?! lol. I have no excuse for why it is still there, except that I love it, and it brings me great joy to sit in the dark with a mug of hot chocolate looking at its pretty lights and reflecting on my day. So, it got me to thinking...What is the longest that you have ever left your Christmas Tree up? ...and what do you think is the latest that I have ever kept mine up? Some of you may already know the answer to that. I will say that the thought has crossed my mind (more than once) to make ornaments for all of the other holidays...If I get started today, maybe I could make some MLK ornaments to put on there! lol...At least I stopped listening to the Christmas music last week.
Saturday, January 17, 2009
How long is too Long?
I am sitting here today in my freezing cold house enjoying looking at my Christmas Tree. Yes, it is still up...Does that really surprise you?! lol. I have no excuse for why it is still there, except that I love it, and it brings me great joy to sit in the dark with a mug of hot chocolate looking at its pretty lights and reflecting on my day. So, it got me to thinking...What is the longest that you have ever left your Christmas Tree up? ...and what do you think is the latest that I have ever kept mine up? Some of you may already know the answer to that. I will say that the thought has crossed my mind (more than once) to make ornaments for all of the other holidays...If I get started today, maybe I could make some MLK ornaments to put on there! lol...At least I stopped listening to the Christmas music last week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You are precious, Paula! We always take ours down after the New Year when we return from GA. What is the longest yours has been up?
The longest that I ever left my Christmas tree up was while I was in PA school. I left it up until April. Zack was coming down for the weekend and I went to go decorate Easter eggs with some friends while I was waiting for him to get to town. I left the key to my apartment under my mat in case he got to town before I got home. I came home from my friend's house to find my apartment blinds wide open and my Christmas tree sitting in the middle of the window with lights twinkling merrily out for all to see...so, I decided that it was time to take it down!!
Post a Comment