Monday, when I went to work, a coworker of mine walked up to me and said, "what did ya'll think about the bomb scare in our neighborhood this weekend". I gaped at her for a minute and then said. "what bomb scare?!" Zack and I were out of town last weekend, and thankfully, we missed all of the excitement. My Coworker informed me that someone in our neighborhood had reported a suspicious package in their mailbox and the SWAT team and Bomb Squad had been called to our side of the neighborhood.
"Strange things have been happening in the neighborhood" I said to her...."Zack and I found a Beer in our mailbox when we got home on Sunday, there must be some teenagers with too much time on their hands". "Yeah," my coworker replied, our cars got egged this weekend."
I told Zack about the strange exchange I had with my coworker at work.
A few days later Zack texted me to let me know that he had read an article somewhere about the bomb scare in our neighborhood. According to the article, the mysterious package ended up being a beer in their mailbox....guess that more people in our neighborhood received a beer from the beer fairy.
Zack and I #1 don't drink beer and #2 have NO idea where the beer bottle came from. So, I poured our gift down the sink. I thought about keeping it to attempt to make beer bread or beer battered onion rings...but then the thought that I had no clue where it was from trumped that thought and I got rid of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment