Friday, August 26, 2011

what's cookin at the puddle

Things didn't slow down for long at work...so it has been a little more challenging to get meals made. I have been working a lot and we have been out of town just about every weekend. I did manage to try out a few new recipes though.

Zack had a frisbee tournament in Alabama and so in preparation, I made some homemade spaghetti and meatballs to help him carb load. They actually turned out really good and Zack thought that they might have been the best he'd ever had...or I just had been starving him for a while and he was so hungry that anything would taste good.


I also finally got the opportunity to try out the Southern Living recipe for brown sugar peach pie. It was delicious!!! I was too impatient to wait for it to cool. So, the first couple pieces were a little bit soupy, but really good none the less.

I made a chicken nacho pita recipe from a cookbook that Mama Sandy gave me for Easter a couple years ago. Zack really liked it...I thought that it was ok...it needed a little more flavor.


Zack made us some breakfast for dinner. He wanted to make french toast. So, I ran by the grocery store on the way home and picked up some fruit for a fruit salad, bacon, and some potatoes.

Uncle Barry came for a visit and we didn't get to make him dinner. So, we fed him some homemade pie that night and then breakfast the next morning. We had yogurt and fresh fruit parfaits and a ham and cheese puff.
I tried out another couple recipes from my Easter Bunny cookbook. I made a Veggie Kielbasa Skillet.

and Mediterranean Pork Orzo.


No comments: