Thursday, July 21, 2011

part 2: Adirondack Adventure

Tuesday Morning, we got up and I had the opportunity to go for a walk with Naomi and Julie. They were walking at a very brisk pace, but I somehow kept up. It was a nice way to start the day. After our walk, we headed down to the beach. Jeff took Zack and I out on his boat and Zack was able to try to ski for the first time ever. Jeff was a great instructor and he really helped Zack to have no trouble getting up. It ended up only taking his 3-4 tries before he made it up.


It was a lot of fun watching Zack skiing. I think that he had a lot of fun doing it.

Once we made it back to shore, Naomi and I headed up to the house and packed a little lunch for us to eat by the beach.

After lunch, Zack and I decided to take a kayak out into the lake as we had not had too much experience kayaking and we were planning on going on a long kayak trip with my aunt and uncle later in the week. Zack and I climbed into one of the associations kayaks and started paddling away. At first we were doing great and we were feeling pretty good. Just about that time, we rounded a point and the wind started to hit us.

We started to pull to the left....then we would correct and we would turn to the right...then the left....Zack was getting so frustrated....and I was laughing. We were doing donuts in the lake. At one point Zack said, "If I was a cussing man, I would be cussing right now....I'm not a cussing man and I feel like cussing". I replied by laughing and putting my paddle across the kayak and trying to paddle with my hands back to shore. Zack started to make up fake scenarios about me being injured and him having to get us back to shore, or something similar, but nothing was working to help him get us going in a straight line....Just when I thought that we were going to have to jump out of the boat and swim to shore towing it behind us, my uncle came to the rescue. We tried to take his advise, but we were slow pupils. So, we eventually had to switch out boats. Zack got in his and he got into ours. He was able to get us back to shore....after all he "is a man"!

By the time that we got back to land, it was getting late and it was time for dinner. My Aunt had made an amazing turkey chili. It was really good!

Wednesday morning we started out with another brisk walk. I really enjoyed our walks in the morning, because it gave us a little time to talk. I liked having time to talk with Naomi (she's always been very special to me, so those talks are always meaningful to me) and Julie (it was so nice to get to know her a little bit better).

After our walk we grabbed some breakfast and then Gram, Aunt Ruth, Uncle Fred, Mom, Dad, Zack and I headed to the Adirondack Museum. It was a really nice museum and there was lots to look at. We ended up spending the majority of the day there and really enjoyed learning about the history of the Adirondacks.







We ended up eating lunch at the museum and then walking around for a little while longer.

We got back to the house and went down to the beach for a little while. Then we headed back to the house to get ready for dinner. Zack and Ethan played a game of checkers. Zack was impressed with how well Ethan played for having only started playing about a week earlier.
Naomi and Matt made dinner. They grilled out steaks and veggies and roasted potatoes. It was awesome! Another great dinner....Zack was getting spoiled...hope that he wasn't getting too used to all of this good food.


No comments: