Friday, May 14, 2010

Supporting a good cause.


Last week, Zack and I were invited to attend a fund raising dinner for Battlefield Ministries, a Christian counseling group that my dear dear friend/"sister" Anna Lauren works for. The night was entitled "Laughter is the best medicine". Zack and I decided to attend the event along with several other couples from our small group, and we ended up having a great meal followed by lots of laughs.

Zack and I feel very strongly about the importance of marriage. We want to fight for our marriage and to have support and accountability in that fight. That is one of the reasons that we love our small group so much!

So, it is an honor to be able to support a group of individuals that strive to that goal...fighting for marriages that last. They do a lot more than just marital counseling, they do counseling of all kinds. They are a really neat organization and they are dedicated to helping people in this community to find God's healing in their lives....I don't know about you, but I think that that is something that I want to get behind and support. The healthier the people in a community are, the healthier the community itself becomes. Isn't that better for everyone that lives there?

We were not able to give a huge donation, but we were able to contribute something. And, I am certain that God will use our small donation to His glory to bring healing to someone that otherwise would not have known His peace. God's pretty amazing that way. I mean if he can bread bread and fish and feed thousands just think of what he can do with our meager offerings.

No comments: