Friday, May 14, 2010

Look whose one!!!

Little R just turned 1!!
Believe me, he is even cuter in person!

Zack and I were blessed to be able to go and celebrate his first birthday with him last weekend. Little R was not feeling great, but he still managed to find a sweet smile for everyone. Pam made R a SUPER cute little jonjon with a cupcake on it. It turned out really cute and it is reversible so that he can continue to wear it all summer. And R had such a good time opening all of his presents...he was a little more interested with the tissue paper and wrapping paper than the gift at times, but it didn't take long for him to discover his new toys.

Cliffs dad made him this amazing wooden toy. What a neat keepsake!

We love this little one too!! Isn't he cute?
Sweet little C came to celebrate with his buddy!

Little R gets his first taste of cake!

Boys, Boys, Boys...if you had just used these:
Then maybe you wouldn't have had to do this!

they did finally get it put together only for the wheel to fall off! ha!

It is hard to believe that this little one is already turning 1. It seems like he was just born and we were visiting him and his happy parents during his first few days of life! I can still remember how excited I was when we received a picture of him from Cliff and Pam. We were in Iowa visiting my family last year when he made his appearance. I felt so honored that Cliff and Pam would take the time to send us a picture and I was SO excited for them as they welcomed this little boy that they had been praying for for so long.

He has grow so much since then, and Zack and I have been so blessed to be a part of his life. He is a blessing to his parents and all that know him. He is such a sweet little boy, with a ready smile and adorable laugh. I am looking forward to seeing how the Lord continues to grow R to be a man after His own heart!...and I feel honored and humbled that Zack and I will be able to be there to support him and his parents throughout the process.

No comments: