Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Rootin Tootin Fire in a bowl!

Last night after work I made dinner for Zack and I. I had found a recipe for a Cincinnati Chili and it has been so cold that I thought that chili would hit the spot. So, I got it on the stove while I waited for Zack to get home. It smelled really good and I was looking forward to the comforting warmth of a bowl of chili. The recipe called for chipolte peppers in adobe sauce and I have used these in other recipes for some added kick....Zack and I sat down for dinner and when I took my first bite I thought that my lips had just spontaneously combusted. That chili was SO HOT! It had really good flavor until your mouth was assaulted with searing pain as the after burn started! I went and grabbed some sour cream which I mixed in with my chili to mellow the heat a little. the chili was good, but I don't think that I would make this exact recipe again!!

1 comment:

Jonesie Family Fun said...

Thats too funny. Whenever I make something too spicy, my girls think I should take them to Chick-fil-a to make it up to them and get ice cream to cool off their mouth.