Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Paula vs. Yeast: battle yeast rolls.



I love yeast breads, but I am terrified of yeast. It seems like almost every time that I am brave enough to try a recipe that has yeast in it something goes terribly wrong.

About a month aog I had my first success with a recipe that called for yeast and it gave me a tiny bit of confidence. So, tonight I decided to make yeast rolls. I have had the recipe earmarked for several months now and I just hadn't been brave enough to try it.

The recipe actually went together pretty quickly and in about an hour my yeast rolls were in the oven...and the house started smelling A-mazing (I love the smell of baking bread). Zack got home just after I had pulled the rolls from the oven. So, we both got to try them fresh out of the oven. They were really good. Zack LOVED them. He couldn't stop eating them. They have a garlic honey butter that you brush over the top of them that gives them just a hint of sweetness.

Yea! another small baking victory!!

1 comment:

Grandpa's Remains said...

I want the recipe. Will trade goods or services to obtain.