Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Cooking School

Last night, Christy and I went to the Taste of Home Cooking School. I have been wanting to go to this for a couple years now and was thankful for the opportunity to go. Christy and I got there at about 6:15pm and ended up having to park a little way away from where the cooking school was being held. They had little golf cart shuttles to take people back and forth from the parking garage. So, since it was a little bit of a walk, and wanting to not have Christy on her feet more than necessary (she is about 5 months pregnant) we decided to ride. BIG mistake! :) lol. We could have walked and gotten there with a lot more speed and less freezing wind than by riding on the golf cart. We ended up having to wait for a few more women to get on our golf cart, one of whom was smoking, but thankfully they sat behind us so the wind from the moving golf cart directed the cigarrette smoke away from us! We had no idea what to expect, never having been to a cooking school before, but it was a lot of fun (even though we didn't win any door prizes!). They had several boothes set up to show case local establishments and taste of home home goods. We got a bag of goodies, which included a magazine with the recipies to be prepared that night. There was a lady on stage that prepared the food and gave helpful hints about food preparation and possible substitutes for each recipe. The food was then plated in taste of home home good dishes and raffled off after the night was over. I was hoping to win one of these, but it was not my night to win! :) I am really glad that I got to go and I enjoyed the opportunity to spend some time with Christy! I am looking forward to trying some of the new recipes that I watched being prepared last night!!! ...and hopefully I will be able to go back to the cooking school again next year!




2 comments:

April Kay said...

Pauly, those outfits are the CUTEST things I have ever seen? Are you about to get your business website up and running?? You better, girl! You will get LOTS of Christmas gift business! You sell those shopping cart covers, matching bags, and super cute outfits!! You know Andrea and I will support you all the way!! Love you!

E said...

Jack wants to go to cooking school so bad!