Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Trust in the Lord with all your heart...

Well, I haven't really taken the time to sit down and blog about the things that are going on in my life recently. So, I thought that I would take a little time today and update you on all of the changes and exciting things that have been going on.

About 2-3 weeks ago, my Mother-in Law called me up and asked me if I wanted to go to Belize on a mission trip with their church...the only thing was, I needed to let her know within 2-3 days...not a lot of time to pray and seek God's counsel. So, I prayed about it a lot the next few days and talked to Zack, and read my Bible...and prayed some more, and I was still not feeling any clear direction by Saturday, the day before I really needed to let her know one way or the other. Zack and I went and got Chinese take out that night and my fortune cookie said "You will step foot on the soil of many countries" Was it merely a coincidence that I had just been praying about that issue not 5 minutes before or can God use fortune cookies to get His point across?! Either way, I got a good laugh out of it. I spent the whole of Saturday night reading my Bible and praying for direction and on Sunday I called Zack's mom to let her know that I wasn't sure what I needed to do, since I had no clear answer either way. After talking with her and hearing a sermon about getting out of the boat and doing the things that God calls you to do, I was leaning more toward going...then Monday morning, I felt a peace with the idea of going on the trip. So, in November, I will be traveling with my Mother-in-Law to Belize to do whatever it is that God has planned for me to do there. I am really excited about it, and I would appreciate y'all praying for me. The Trip is the week of November 8th and we will be there from Saturday to Saturday.

I also have started attending a women's Bible study on Tuesday mornings. We are doing a Beth Moore study on the book of Luke, "Jesus, the one and only". So far, the lessons that we have studied have been insightful and thought provoking. I am excited at the opportunity of being a part of a women's Bible Study, since I have been wanting to participate in one for a while now, but never could because of my work schedule. I am excited about all of the things that the Lord is going to reveal to me during this time.

Last weekend, I was blessed with the opportunity to accompany the Berry Cross Country Team to Memphis. Paul (the coach) had asked me if I would be willing to come along and take pictures. For those of you who do not know, I worked with the Berry Cross Country Team for 4 years during college and the teams have a special place in my heart. I was very excited at the prospect of going along, since Zack and I have now been gone for long enough to not really know many of the runners anymore. I was a little apprehensive about how they would respond to me being there, but they were a fun group and I was encouraged as I was able to sit and talk with the majority of them at some point during the trip. The Cross Country team was a ministry opportunity for me during college, and I am excited about the chance to build some relationships with the current runners and hopefully encourage them in life and in their faith.



Another exciting thing that recently happened to me is the prospect of a job. Zack has started another season of Church Softball...which means that we have softball games twice a week. Last week, while at one of Zack's games, I was introduced to a Pediatrician that goes to our church. Her husband in playing with the team this season. After being introduced, we got to talking and she mentioned that they had a position for a part time PA to work directly with her. My interest was definitely peaked, since I would really like a part time position so that I would still have time to spend sewing and getting things done around my house. I told her about my concerns, how I wanted to be trained and how I had several trips planned in the next few months (Belize and a Christmas Trip) and she was encouraging in both. She stated that she was looking for someone intelligent that was a hard worker, willing to learn and a Christian. So, last week I filled out an online application and I am waiting to hear back from them. I brought a copy of my resume over to her office today after Bible Study. We will see what comes of all of this and I would just ask that you be praying that God will give me wisdom and confirmation if this is what He wants me to do.

I have of course still been doing some cooking and sewing. I made a little outfit for my friend's daughter. They are going to Disney World next week, and I found this cute nontraditional mickey mouse fabric, and I thought that it would look cute on her with her red hair. Hopefully, her mother will like it. She doesn't really care for any of the "liscenced" fabrics that have pictures of cartoon characters on them...so, we will see. But I thought that it turned out pretty well.

I have also started running. I am finally in good enough shape (after doing practically no exercise for 2-3 years) to go out and run three miles continuously, and last week I ran a total of 12 miles. So, hopefully I can keep that going and slowly build up my mileage. I am hoping to run a road race sometime in the near future. Once I can run three miles comfortably, I am going to go and look for a local race to run.

2 comments:

R Huston said...

Hey Paula,
It sounds like things are going really well for you guys! I'm so glad that you are getting to go to Belize and about your job prospect. Hope you have a great week!
Love you!

E said...

Praying for you! Love you and miss you.