This weekend, Zack and I were blessed to have his family come and stay at our house. Zack's youngest brother Matt was running in a local high school cross country meet on Saturday, and then a close family friend was getting married about a hour and a half north of where we live. So, Zack's parents and Matt, as well as, Ben and Rachel came to stay at our house. Unfortunately, Matt did not run as fast as he had hope to in Saturday's race, but it was still a solid time for the conditions. The race is a large high school meet. Zack and I like to go every year, because we undoubtedly see some of our friends from college who now coach high school cross country, and of course, we get to see Matt run. The weather was hot Saturday by the time that Matt's race started, so he did not have ideal conditions and several athletes were sent to the hospital secondary to dehydration. I was thrilled to see that the local hospital had a tent staffed with nurses and they were starting IV fluids on site...which has been a necessity that was not available in past years.
After the race, we all came back to Zack and I's house to get showers and to get ready to go to Heather and Andrews wedding. The wedding was beautiful. They had chosen to get married outside next to a river. Heather's mother did an AMAZING amount of work for the wedding. She made all the decorations and flower arrangements and catered the meal herself! She is a brave and very capable woman, because the wedding was amazing. Heather looked beautiful and Andrew had a huge smile on his face as he watched her come down the isle toward him! :)
3 comments:
I am glad you had a great weekend. You looked pretty at the wedding!
Aww, Paula, you are the cutest!!! And I love that wedding atmosphere! I bet it was beautiful and sooo peaceful!! By the way, Trista (The Bachelorette) & Ryan did the sand art thang in their nationally-televised wedding back in '03! Thank you.
Looks so pretty! I love outdoor weddings! If we didn't get married in December, I would have had one for sure! Got any new projects to post? I want to see what you've been up to with the sewing!!
Post a Comment