Monday, September 22, 2008

Recent Sewing Projects

My dear friend Andrea asked me to post some of my recent sewing projects. Zack and I did a lot of traveling the last month or so, so I actually have not done very much sewing recently. However, I will post my more recent projects...few though they are.

First, I have been working on a couple of rag quilts that I am going to try to sell. I have three of them finished, and I am 1/2 way finished with the fourth. They are a little labor intensive, so it takes me around five hours or so to make one of these....but they usually turn out so cute!




Our neighbors across the street just had a SUPER cute baby girl a few weeks ago, and I wanted to make them something...this is what I decided on since I do not really know them or their tastes....despite the fact that we have lived in our house for about three years now...I know, we are terrible neighbors! Anyway, her mommy loved it thankfully and she was going to take her to get her pictures taken in it!! Cannot wait to see them!

A friend of mine (one of 10 pregnant friends!!) is having a little girl in a about a month, and I wanted to make her a baby gift. These are all reversible a-line dresses. I am not quite finished with them yet. I still have to put the button holes and buttons on.



One of my good friend's little girls had a birthday in August and Zack and I were not able to be at her birthday party...So, I finally got around to embellishing this little bag for her. She just turned two and they will be going to Disney world. So, I thought that it might be nice for her to have her own bag to take along. Embroidering on this bag was a lot harder than I had anticipated...and something happened in the middle of embroidering...the "E" is not quite where it was supposed to be, but I think that it still turned out cute.

The other day, while she and her mom were over at my house, her mother saw this green and white fabric and loved it, so I made a little pair of pants and a matching shirt for her. I think that it turned out cute!


I have a few more projects in the works, and I will try to post them as I finish them...

3 comments:

April Kay said...

Ooh, Paula, LOVE them! When Mason is a little older I'm going to start rounding up some little embroidered, special outfits for him so I'm definitely going to be calling you!! Now he's just still enjoying all the onesies and little outfits we've received as gifts, and some little cute ones Auntie Andrea has made just for him! Believe it or not he hasn't been sporting a lot of monogrammed stuff, which you would think he would be since we're surrounded by all of his mommy's super talented friends!! But, I guess we make up for that in the bib/burp cloth/diaper bag/lamp/blankets/night light/shopping cart cover departments. Thank you. Love you!

April Kay said...

Pauley, what are all these other blogs that you have? Are you about to start up your business one? You TOTALLY should!! Did I ever email you the pics I took of the shopping cart cover? I see where you have some, but do you want mine, too? You could make SO much money selling your stuff cuz it's so unique!!! Noone else really just makes this stuff that we know so you wouldn't have a lot of competition. Love you!

E said...

I really wish I had your sewing talent. When I have a baby one day, God willing, I'd really like to pay you/hire you to make stuff for me! It would mean so much more coming from you than the store.