Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Shopping Cart Cover

This is Mason's shopping cart cover. It matches his bedding, which is super cute!

A few months ago, I made a shopping cart cover for one of my best friends, April, for a baby shower gift. She has the cutest little boy named Mason! Love him, even though I haven't gotten to meet him in person yet!! Well, she asked me if I would make another one for her to give as a gift to a friend for her shower. So, we worked together, picking out fabric and fonts and came up with a really cute shopping cart cover for her to give her friend. This was my first real sewing order! :) By the time we figured out the material she wanted and got it ordered, I was down to the wire to get it finished and to her by the shower. So, I have been one busy girl for the last couple days, and I got it in the mail yesterday. So, she should have it by Thursday!! I think that it turned out really cute!

Here is what we came up with!! She hasn't seen it yet, but I hope that she loves it! :)


I had a little extra fabric left so I made a bag to put the shopping cart cover in!

6 comments:

April Kay said...

OH MY GOSH!! The CUTEST thing I have EVER seen!! Paula, you are soooo talented!! Now I want me a black, white, and red one!! I can switch off and do the aqua/brown/lime theme on one grocery trip, and then the red/black/white theme on the next! :) Jamie will LOVE it!!!! I cannot wait to see it in person! So much time and love has gone into this gift! Thank you for creativing something extra special for one of my extra special friends!!! I know, that's cheesy. :) And thank you for the super cute bag you made! That's cute all by itself even!! Love you forever!!!

andreabrosto said...

Oh wow! That is super cute! That damask print fabric is my new favorite these days. You did such a good job!

April Kay said...

The cutest gift ever came in the mail today! :) It looks ever cooler in person! I had to all show it to Marc and show him how it works. He was very impressed! And I LOVE the little bag you made!! The color theme matches perfectly with this cute stationary I got her as well. You really need to start selling these as your special item!

Sarah VM said...

Hi Cuz,

You are so talented! LOVE the shopping cart cover. Thanks for sharing your blog with me. I'll be sure to check in. I'll talk to you soon - at work right now. Although my boss is kinda cool with this stuff :).

Love ya, Sarah

The Cherry Tree 123 said...

Super Cute! You should really sell those! I would've bought one! I love them!

E said...

Seriously, when I find out I am pregnant one day (God willing) I want you and me to get together. I'd pay you to make me stuff. This is amazing!!!