Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Recipe: Pizza Roll

Andrea, one of my dearest and best friends, suggested that I share some recipes on my blog. So, I thought that maybe I would periodically, once a month or so, put a recipe on here. I thought that I would start with the Pizza Roll Recipe. You can change the toppings that go in it to accommodate your tastes. Surprisingly, I did not get a picture of it, Zack didn't get home until Midnight the night that I made it, because they were having server problems at work. He loved this pizza roll. I am sure that I will make it again sometime...and then I will add a picture.

Pizza Roll

Ingredients:

1 loaf (1 lbs) frozen bread dough, thawed
2 eggs, separated
1 Tbs grated Parmesan cheese
1 Tbs olive oil
1 tsp minced fresh parsley
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp pepper
8 ounces sliced pepperoni
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 can (4 oz) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
1/4 -1/2 cup pickled pepper rings
1 medium green pepper, diced
1 can (2 1/4 oz) sliced ripe olives, drained
1 can (15 oz) pizza sauce

On a greased baking sheet, roll out dough into a 15 x 10 inch
rectangle. In a bowl, combine egg yolks, Parmesan cheese, oil,
oregano, parsley, garlic powder and pepper. Brush over dough. (I then
spread a thin layer of pizza sauce up 1 inch from edges of dough...I
just thought that it would be better with sauce inside). Sprinkle with
pepperoni, mozzarella cheese, mushrooms, pepper rings, green peppers
and olives (or toppings of your choice). Roll up jelly roll style,
starting with a long side; pinch seams to seal and tuck ends under.
Place seam side down; brush with egg whites. Do not let rise. Bake at
350 degrees for 35 -40 minutes or until golden brown. Warm pizza
sauce; serve with pizza roll.

Yield: 10-12 slices

Hope that you enjoy it!

No comments: