Zack and I went to the Fox Theater in Atlanta last night with some friends for a pre-screening of the upcoming movie "Fireproof". This is a movie that was written and produced by the makers of "Facing the Giants". It was well written and had a great message. I am not sure how it will be received in the mainstream movie market, but my prayer is that it has a HUGE opening weekend and widespread success. Thankfully, Sherwood Baptist Film Productions are not afraid to glorify God and tackle difficult topics in film. This is definitely a message that Christians and non-Christians need to hear. There was a staggering statistic mentioned last night. It was stated if we could improve the divorce rate even 1% that the lives of a MILLION children would be affected...isn't that amazing!? As expected, The movie has a LOT of Christian references and faith struggles, but the religious scenes are not over bearing or as cheesy and predictable as might be expected. The acting is much better than in the previous movie and the film is balance with plenty of humor to counter act the heaviness of the topic. I would encourage you all to go see it. Zack and I will probably go back to see the movie on opening weekend just to support the film...we need more movies like this in theaters!!
Overall, it was a GREAT night, The screening was put on by Chick-fil-a, and we were definitely honored and blessed to be a part of it. It was fun to get dressed up and go on a "date" that I am sure will build and shape our marriage over the years to come! We would have been able to meet Kirk Cameron had I not accidently RSVP'd us to the wrong web address...bummer...but they had 2 cards in your invitation and I didn't realize that the addresses were different...oh well, we still had a great time...and got a blurry, quickly posed picture with Kirk Cameron in the end...We were waiting to ask him for a picture after the movie and his publicist came to pull him away, so we hurriedly posed...haha....
1 comment:
So glad you and Zach were able to have a date night. :) Those are so important!
Post a Comment