I found an excuse to make a Blueberry pie with our newly picked blueberries. Zack and I had some friends over for dinner last night, and as is customary for me, I stressed out about there being enough food and ended up making WAY too much! There were eight of us in all, and I think that there was enough food for a small army! I just kept adding things to my menu. We had CC runners coming, and it is hard to know how hungry they will be...Long run days they can be bottomless pits...if you think that football players eat alot, you haven't experienced the amazing amounts of food that these skinny runners can fit into their bodies...it is really something quite amazing to see.
Menu:
Spinach and Artichoke dip
Peppery Chicken Fried Chicken
Broccoli Salad
Tossed salad (one of Jody's A-MAZING Salads)
Mac n cheese
Mashed potatoes
Green Beans
Blueberry pie (with Vanilla ice cream compliments of Kawa)
It was so nice to get to visit with friends over the meal. We had Zack's college CC coach, who is also one of my former bosses, and his family over. They have become dear friends over the years. We also had one of my old roomies and one of Zack's running buddies over. We had a great time just getting to sit, talk, eat, and laugh together. Needless to say we had LOTS of leftovers...well, of everything except the blueberry pie.
No comments:
Post a Comment