Friday, August 22, 2008

Catching Up With an Old Friend

Beth and I

Yesterday, I went and met a dear friend of mine, Beth, for lunch. She lives in Mobile, and I do not get to see her very often. So, it was a very special opportunity to have lunch with her. She and her husband are pregnant, and I had not gotten to see her since they had found out! She is definitely one cute, but very pregnant lady! :) She is at 31 week and little Kate will be coming in no time!! I cannot...(and of course, her mommy cannot) wait until she is here! :)
Beth was in Birmingham visiting her family, which brings her much closer to where I live. So, Beth and I decided to meet halfway. The short drive was definitely worth it for the few precious hours of catching up with an old friend. Beth and I met in PA school and our faith, the grueling academic program, and the struggle to adjust major life changes gave us a common bond which has grown stronger over the last few years despite the distance. Beth is one of those amazing people that you can call up and talk to and despite how long it has been since you last talked, it feels like just yesterday. She is a wonderful friend that is someone I can call when I need support, encouragement...and of course a good laugh! :) God has definitely blessed me with some amazing friends over the years, all of whom I still cherish, and Beth is definitely one of them!

Beth and baby Kate

Beth showed me the fabrics that are going to be in Kate's super cute bedding!!!

2 comments:

E said...

I am glad you were able to catch up with her!

April Kay said...

Aww, your friend Beth is the cutest!!! :) I miss my pregnant belly after seeing hers! You need yourself one. Hee hee!