Monday, May 2, 2011

There has been a lot going on here at the puddle over the last few weeks...and I have sadly been VERY remiss in documenting it. I am hoping to get some updates up in the next few days. In the meantime, I thought that I would share some pictures of a few new recipes that we tried here over the last couple weeks.

a couple weeks ago we tried a a recipe for apricot chicken. It sounded interesting when I stumbled across it. I thought that it was interesting that it would take about 15 minutes and it was cooked in the microwave. It turned out ok. I think that it would have been better if the chicken was marinated in the apricot glaze longer, but it was something different and it was home cooked.



The other meal that we had recently was broccoli and cheddar soup and Italian roast beef sandwiches. I really like broccoli and cheddar soup and ...well Zack doesn't. So, I never make it...but I stumbled across this recipe and just couldn't resist. The soup turned out pretty good, but I didn't love it. It had a couple of ingredients that I wasn't expecting. Whistershire Sauce and Nutmeg. You could really taste the nutmeg in it. The sandwiches were pretty good. They had a lettuce tossed with a dressing, roast beef, tomato, cucumbers, and olives.

1 comment:

Naomi said...

Sounds like you are a bit busy and maybe a tad frazzled? :-) Still you are cooking amazing meals. Would it kill you to know I haven't cooked in about a week due to our craziness? Hope you are hanging in there and get some time to relax this upcoming weekend! Love ya!