I am slowly overcoming my fear of yeast breads. I have been a little scared to tackle them ever since my attempt to make pizza dough went so badly. However, after a successful attempt at yeast rolls a couple months ago, I felt a little braver. I have been looking through cookbooks and cooking magazines over the last couple months, and I noticed several recipes for soft pretzels. I have been wanting to try one of them for a while now and finally found the time to try my hand at making soft pretzels this weekend. They turned out really good and Zack even said that they were the best soft pretzels that he had ever had. I'm not sure that I would go that far, but I was really happy with how well they turned out. We even had a little pizza sauce at home that we could dip them in.
We had a couple more pretzels than Zack and I could eat by ourselves. So, we let a couple of our friends that live within about 5 minutes of us know that they were welcome to come over for some freshly baked soft pretzels. Anna Lauren and Eric stopped by briefly and we sent them home with pretzels for themselves and some of our friends that they were going to be seeing shortly after they left our house. I think that they liked the pretzels too.
Yeah! Paula 2 : Yeast 1
No comments:
Post a Comment