Sunday, September 26, 2010

It's been a while....

It's been a while since I have posted anything. I have lots to fill you in on....but life has been so busy that I haven't been able to keep you up to date on what's going on as it happens. I am going to try to catch you up in the next few days....I hope...

To start off, I thought that I would catch you up on a couple of new recipes we tried in the last few weeks. I'll share pictures of a few more in other posts, but there are 2 dinners that Zack and I recently had that I thought that I would share in this post.

1st, a couple weeks ago, I found a recipe for spicy turkey tacos. I thought that the recipe sounded good and quick, which is a big bonus. The recipe called for cinnamon which I thought was strange, but it tasted pretty good. Zack really liked these. I decided for a differnet twist to serve the taco meat mixture in taco bowls instead of regular taco shells. I had seen somewhere on line that you could take small 6-8 inch flour tortillas put a little oil on them and use the bottom of the a muffin pan to form them into bowls. You then cook them for 8-10 minutes at 425 degrees. They turned out to be pretty tasty.



The second recipe that we tried was turkey white bean soup. I know I was on a turkey theme. I decided to substitute chicken breast for the turkey...partley because I couldn't fine turkey breast at the grocery store the day I went shopping for the week. The soup had pretty good flavor, and I thought that it was even better after sitting over night. The flavors melded ....and it might have also have something to do with the addition of a little shredded pepper jack cheese the second day! Whatever it was, I thought that it was a nice change of pace from what we had been eating. I pared the soup with some feta zucchini pancakes. I have been wanting to try something like this for a while, and that recipe sounded like something that Zack would eat. He loves the flavor of feta and he will actually eat zucchini...so sounded like a winning combination. I decided to cook them like pancacks rather than frying them like the recipe called for...should have followed the recipe. Zack thought that they were great, but they just didn't hold their shape like they should have. Oh well, guess that I will know next time!

No comments: