Monday, September 6, 2010

Dinner French dip sandwiches


Last Thursday night, Zack and I had a home cooked meal. We had been surviving on leftovers most of the week. I usually avoid crock pot recipes, because to me, after a while, everything in a crock pot starts to taste the same. But I found a recipe that I thought Zack would really like that required being slow cooked in the crock pot. So, Thursday morning, I put a beef roast in the crock pot with a rub and some beef stock to make French dip sandwiches. These turned out to be really tasty. The recipe called for canned mushrooms on the sandwich. I am REALLY not a fan of canned mushrooms. So, instead, I sauteed some sliced fresh mushrooms and sliced onions in some dale's sauce and a TBSP of butter and put those on our sandwiches instead. Zack really liked these sandwiches and somehow managed to eat two of them. I could barley eat one! It was a pretty easy meal and one that I could see us eating again sometime.

No comments: