Tuesday, June 14, 2011

what's been cookin at the puddle.

I have been working a lot recently which makes it much harder for a few reasons for me to make home cooked meals. First, I find it much harder to get to the grocery store and secondly, I just don't feel like cooking.

Over the last week or so, I did get to try a few new recipes.

We had a Kielbasa pepper pasta. I wasn't sure just how this recipe would taste as there was not really a sauce that would go onto the noodles, but I was pleasantly surprised because the pasta actually had really good flavor. The other upside of the recipe was that it was easy and quick.



I also tried a new marinade recipe. I marinated a sirloin top steak and Zack grilled it up for dinner one night. The meat had great flavor, and we paired it with baked potatoes and corn on the cob for a yummy dinner.

I made a new dessert recently too. It was and orange chocolate pie. The recipe used vanilla ice cream and orange sherbet placed in a graham cracker crust and covered by a chocolate ganache. It tastes a little like an orange dreamsicle dipped in chocolate. Zack really liked it. I didn't take a picture of this one.

The last new recipe that we tried. was a recipe for southwestern pulled pork burritos. The meat was cooked in a slow cooker and it just fell apart when I went to shred it. It had really good flavor and the burritos were really good. The pulled pork would have been perfect for the tostadas that I made on Cinco de Mayo.


No comments: