Friday, June 17, 2011

recent sewing projects at the puddle

Since things are FINALLY starting to slow down a little at work, I have had a little more time to do some sewing projects.

One of our friends asked me to make an apron for her that she could give to her mother. We spent time discussing fabrics and then after settling on three coordinating fabrics, I ordered that fabric. The fabric came this week. So, yesterday I spent the day sewing an apron. I thought that the finished product turned out really cute! Sure hope that my friend thinks so too.


I also spent some time working on an unfinished project from last fall. I had been planning to make some cute purses for some coworkers for a retreat that we were going to take. When the retreat ended up falling through, I stopped working on the purses. I had several of them already cut out. So, today, I spent time putting them together. I still have 4 left to make, but it was kinda nice to feel like I had accomplished something on my sewing to do list. I have SOOOO many more projects to do, I really need to make myself sit down and make a list of the projects that need to be done and I need to give myself some due dates for project completion.

Another project that I have been working on is something to bring on our trip to NJ to give to some of my family. I was trying to think of something that everyone might use that wouldn't require me knowing everyone's sizes. I decided to make all of the girls an apron. I thought that it would be a fun/useful gift for everyone that would be a fun way to remember a great week together. I ended up making 8 aprons. Initially I thought about ordering fabric and having them all match, and then a reminder from my friendly monthly budget had me changing my mind. Thankfully, I have a pretty good stockpile of cute fabrics built up. So, I spent some time trying to figure out what fabrics to use on whose aprons. I hope that I did a good job picking that out. I couldn't think of anything to make for the guys in the family....maybe next time.

Julie

Aunt Ruth

Gram

Kirsten and Jenny

Naomi

Sarah


Mom

No comments: