Every year, I drive past a sign for a local pick your own strawberry farm and every year I tell myself that I am going to go to the farm and pick fresh strawberries. This year, I finally got to go. A few weekends ago, Zack and I were sitting at home trying to decided what we wanted to do and I was making a fruit salad. As I was cutting up some strawberries I was reminded of the strawberry farm. So, Zack and I decided to go and pick some strawberries.
The farm is a few miles from our house. Once you get to the farm, they give you some buckets and take you to one of their fields so that you can pick all of the strawberries that your little heart could want. The strawberry farm had been open for a few weeks by the time that we went and the strawberries were ripe and ready to be picked. I, of course, had to sneak a few strawberries while in the field....1 for the bucket, 1 for me....1 for the bucket 2 for me....you know!
Zack and I filled our buckets and then headed back to the main part of the farm to pay for our strawberries and to get some fresh strawberry ice cream! Zack and I enjoyed getting to spend time together doing something a little different and we got about 4 pounds of awesome fresh strawberries.
The strawberries that we picked were pretty ripe and I didn't want them to go bad before we could use them. So, I decided to freeze them. I froze some of them as whole berries and some as sliced for use in recipes. Now, I will get to remember a fun day Zack and I shared together through out the year as we use our frozen strawberries.
No comments:
Post a Comment