Sunday, January 23, 2011

Game night at the puddle

Zack and I had invited our small group over for a game night on Monday night, but due to all of the snow that we got, we had to reschedule for Friday night. Zack had things all planned out. He wanted to have a couple of gaming tables set up so that people could play different game....I think that really he just wanted to play Ticket To Ride again. I told Zack that this might not be a realistic plan as people would probably want to all play a game together. Zack was undaunted and even downloaded Ticket to Ride by the Beatles on his phone to play when he introduced the games.

We cleaned our house and got some goodies ready for people to eat during our game night. Everyone brought a little something to share. We had a pretty nice spread of goodies. I made some homemade hot chocolate with a topping bar: chocolate chips, marshmallows, and whipped cream...yum! I also had a fruit tray with marshmallow cream dip and some spinach and artichoke dip.



When everyone got to our house, we sat down as a group and tried to decide on a game/ games to play. As it turned out, everyone did want to play a game as a large group. So, poor Zack, he had to wait a little while to play his new game again. He bounced back pretty quickly from his disappointment though. We ended up playing Balderdash and we had a lot of fun and laughs!

It was a really fun night and we need to organize something like it again sometime soon!!

No comments: